5 Crock Pot Pheasant Recipes
Cooking pheasant in a crock pot is one of the easiest and foolproof ways to prepare pheasants for the table.
4 small pheasants, cleaned and rinsed
1/2 pound sliced bacon
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream
of mushroom soup
1 cup sour cream
1 cup water
1 small onion, chopped
1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
1 (4.5 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
salt and ground black pepper to taste
1. Place the pheasants into a large slow cooker. Wrap and drape the bacon over the birds, covering the pheasants as much as you can. Whisk the condensed soup, sour cream, water, chopped onion, onion soup mix, and mushrooms together in a mixing bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Pour over the pheasants.
2. Cook on Low for 8 to 10 hours, or on High for 5 to 7 hours.
1/4 cup salt
1/2 cup water or broth
barbecue sauce, optional
1/3 cup soy sauce
3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
2 tablespoons minced garlic, optional
1 tablespoon liquid smoke flavoring
1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
onion powder, to taste
Rinse pheasant. Place pheasant in a large bowl with salt; cover with water. Let pheasant soak for 1 hour; drain and rinse.
Combine marinade ingredients. Put pheasant and marinate in large non-reactive container and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Stir occasionally to keep pheasant coated.
Discard marinade and transfer pheasant to slow cooker; add 1/2 cup of water or chicken broth.
Cover and cook on low for 5 to 7 hours. About 30 minutes before done, coat pheasant with barbecue sauce, if desired.
2 pheasants, serves 4
2 (8 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
5 red potatoes
2 small onions
2 tablespoons Tabasco sauce
10 baby carrots
2 tablespoons black pepper
2 tablespoons salt
3 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
Wash and dry pheasants in cold water, repeat this step twice.
Cut up potatoes, carrots, onions into your prefered size.
Put one can of cream of mushroom in bottom of crock pot. Place pheasant in crock pot. Place your seasoning and vegetables in crock pot.
Put the second can of cream of mushroom on top of everything.
Place cooker on low and cook for 6-8 hours.
1 hour before serving take pheasant out and debone.
Place deboned meat back in crockpot. for 1 hour. Serve and enjoy.
2 pheasants, cut into fourths
1/2 cup chicken broth
2 tablespoons flour
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon salt
1 medium onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 can (10.75 ounce size) condensed cream of chicken soup
4 ounces sliced mushrooms, drained
Place the pheasant in a 3 1/2 to 6 qt. slow cooker. Mix remaining ingredients except paprika; pour over pheasant. Sprinkle generously with paprika.
Cover and cook on LOW 6-7 hrs. or until pheasant is tender.
5. Slow Cooker Pheasant with Mushrooms and Olives
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 pheasants, rinsed, patted dry, and cut
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 onion, sliced into rings
1 cup sliced crimini mushrooms
1 tablespoon chopped garlic
1 cup white wine
1 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup sliced black olives
1. Place the flour, salt, and pepper into a resealable plastic bag; shake to mix. Place the pheasant pieces into the flour mixture, and shake until evenly coated.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Shake any excess flour off of the pheasant pieces, and place them in the hot oil. Cook until the pheasant is brown on both sides, about 3 minutes per side. Place the pheasant into a slow cooker, reserving the oil in the skillet. Cook the onion in the remaining oil until they soften, about 3 minutes. Stir in the mushrooms and garlic, and continue cooking and stirring until the mushrooms have softened and the garlic has mellowed, about 5 minutes more.
3. Pour the wine into the skillet and bring to a boil. Boil for 5 minutes, then pour in the chicken broth and return to a boil. Pour the mushroom mixture into the slow cooker, and sprinkle with sliced black olives.
4. Cover, and cook on High for 4 hours, or Low for 7 hours.